NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Adding phpDocumentor CHM help file to the help menu fails

Adding phpDocumentor CHM documentation to the help menu fails, leaves entry "Failed document (documentation.chm)" in IDE|Help (aka. "Attached manuals") listing.

The .chm opens just fine in the regular windows CHM browser.

Version:
PHPEd 4.6 (build 4618)

How to recreate:
1) Download the .chm from http://manual.phpdoc.org/CHMdefaultConverter/documentation.chm.
2) Copy documentation.chm to "C:\Program files\nusphere\phped\help"
3) Start PHPEd
4) Right-click the help topics listing and select "Properties..."
The phpDocumentor.chm is not on the list.
5) Click Add and select documentation.chm
Unchecked entry "Failed document (documentation.chm)" appears at the bottom of the list.

ok, thanks for letting know. I'll check that out.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

It appears that this chm has no title at all.
It does not excuse PhpED Smile and problem will be fixed in 4.6 4621.
Please note, that finally you see this chm as (Untitled document) in the tree.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Bug report submitted to phpDocumentor sourceforge tracker

I've submitted a bug report on the CHM documentation to the phpDocumentor sourceforge tracker. That way we'll probably get a proper title soon.

Idea It should be possible to work around the problem by downloading the gzipped archive of chm choices and building the .chm yourself with the microsoft help compiler, but I have no idea how that is done..

ddmitrie wrote:
Please note, that finally you see this chm as (Untitled document) in the tree.

Hello,

do you plan to support "renaming" an untitled help file in the phpEd "tree", please? Smile

Also, after each update installation previously added help files are gone.

Thanks a lot,
Tobias
View user's profileFind all posts by condev1972Send private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

good point, thanks. Starting with 4621 update to further build/version will be smoother, at least until we change toc.cfg structure
Veteran

Once chm files have navigation similar to htm files, I would like to suggest, for a future phpED version, to add "help files" in the form of a directory with an index.html file. To integrate it, we would just point to this index file. This would make possible to include many other helps, like the latest PostgreSQL in place of the old 7.4 bundled in phpED. I couldn't find this in chm format. If someone knows where to get it, please let me know.
Adding phpDocumentor CHM help file to the help menu fails