NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problems with debugger sessions (can't stop them)

Hey all, I'm new to PhpED, just purchased it. Having some difficulty turning off the debug session feature.

I'd like to turn it off, I really only want to profile or debug the particular page I'm on, if I click on one of the links I do not want the debugger to continue or the profiler to continue. Here's what I've done to turn it off and it still won't shut off:

Code:
In Tools -> Settings -> Debugger : Debug Sessions = Unchecked
In PHP.INI -> debugger.enable_session_cookie = Off  (Verified with phpinfo())

I am starting a profile by using Tools -> Open URL (where I am checking profiler session). If I do not check it, no profiling takes place so I assume this must be checked.

What I am trying to accomplish is just the one page being profiled.

One other issue I've run into. When it opens the url, the url is malformed. If I put in:
Code:
http://myserver/page.php?a=yes&b=no

When the browser opens up the url will be:
Code:
http://myserver/page.php?a=yes&b=no?a=yes&b=no&DBGSESSID=389237720049800002;d=0,p=1,c=1

You can see that my GET parameters have been repeated thus munging the URL.

I'm using FireFox 1.5.0.4 as the Browser and PhpED Version 4.6 (Build 4617)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Site Admin

Tools->Settings->Debugger, uncheck Debug Sessions checkbox.

Quote:
I am starting a profile by using Tools -> Open URL

Why do you need Open URL?
Why not to just open script to debug and press Run In Debugger?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I've already unchecked the Debug Sessions checkbox, doesn't seem to have any effect.

Quote:
Why do you need Open URL?
Why not to just open script to debug and press Run In Debugger?

I use mod_rewrite fairly extensively, most often the file that contains the code I need to profile or debug is not the file that needs to be loaded up front. Rather than loading the correct page and typing in all of the parameters each time, I simply would prefer to browse to the page on the site and launch the profiler on the correct url.

I am using this with a local apache webserver setup with setting (HTTP Mode 3rd Party Web Server)

Thanks!
Site Admin

Quote:
I've already unchecked the Debug Sessions checkbox, doesn't seem to have any effect

Then double check if you have really unchecked it. From what you posted DBGSESSID=389237720049800002;d=0,p=1,c=1
it's clear that Debug Sessions are enabled (see c=1). Just run with DBGSESSID=-1 to make sure DBGSESSID cookie is dropped too.
BTW, what DBG version do you have installed for Apache? Please check if it is 3.1.5.

Quote:
I use mod_rewrite fairly extensively

Ah, I see.

Problem with duplicated variables in the GET (when launched through Open Url) will be fixed in build 4619.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Ah, found it!
Sessions are enabled whenever Debugger or Profiler are invoked through Open URL.
We'll add checkbox for that in build 4619.

Sweet thanks much! So sounds like both were bugs?
Problems with debugger sessions (can't stop them)