NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
4.6 Win32 IDE, debug remote Linux + Apache ???

I'm trying to use the debugger on a remote machine running CentOS 4 on IA32 hardware. The machine is local with no firewall.

I've followed (a few times) the installation instructions, but can't see an open port. From the Linux machine...

I have in /usr/lib/php4:
Code:
root@sherizod:/etc :-O ls -l /usr/lib/php4
total 240
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root root 65596 Jul 21 00:30 dbg.so-4.3.9
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 39452 Jul 12 12:45 ldap.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 41108 Jul 12 12:45 mysql.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 81524 Jul 12 12:45 pgsql.so

I have in /etc/php.ini
Code:
extension=dbg.so-4.3.9

and

Code:
[debugger]
debugger.enabled=on
debugger.profiler_enabled=on
debugger.hosts_allow=localhost
;debugger.hosts_allow=ALL
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
;debugger.hosts_deny=NONE
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

I restarted Apache

Code:
root@sherizod:/etc :-O service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]

But the port isn't open.
Code:
root@sherizod:/etc :-O telnet localhost 7869
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

phpinfo() gives this information:

Code:
System    Linux sherizod.ifm-services.com 2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 24 08:14:29 CDT 2006 i686
Build Date    Jul 12 2006 13:43:33
Configure Command    './configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
Server API    Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support    disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path    /etc/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files    /etc/php.d
additional .ini files parsed    /etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini
PHP API    20020918
PHP Extension    20020429
Zend Extension    20021010
Debug Build    no
Thread Safety    disabled
Registered PHP Streams    php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib

Zend logo This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with DBG v2.13.1, (C) 2000,2006, by Dmitri Dmitrienko

and

Code:
dbg
DBG php debugger, version 2.13.1, Copyright 2001, 2006, Dmitri Dmitrienko, www.nusphere.com

Version    2.13.1
Linked    as a shared library.
Profiler    compiled, enabled

Directive   Local Value   Master Value
debugger.enable_session_cookie   On   On
debugger.enabled   On   On
debugger.fail_silently   On   On
debugger.ignore_nops   Off   Off
debugger.JIT_enabled   Off   Off
debugger.JIT_host   clienthost   clienthost
debugger.JIT_level   3   3
debugger.JIT_port   7869   7869
debugger.profiler_enabled   On   On
debugger.session_nocache   On   On
debugger.timeout_seconds   300   300

What else should I be looking for?

Hello,

some questions/thoughts:

* Not quite sure, but why do you try to open a "Telnet" session on that machine?
I'd say you'd have to configure and run a separate telnet demon on your linux machine first
since the connection is refused.
* Have you tried to open your website in a browser and does it show up from your local server?
This would at least show if your apache is configured and reachable.
* If localhost doesn't work in the browser, try the regular (linux) host IP address
* Have you tried to debug from within phpEd yet (and setup a "project" for it first)?

Cheers,
Tobias
View user's profileFind all posts by condev1972Send private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Dear Tobias,

Debugger consists of TWO sides connected by the network:
a server part that is known as debugger module and a client part that is known as dbglistener.
It's listener LISTENs on the port, not module.

Quote:
* Not quite sure, but why do you try to open a "Telnet" session on that machine?

Telnet just shows all content it receives from the far end, for example you can run telnet against a http server like apache, enter a command like GET / HTTP/1.0 followed with two empty lines and you'll see plain html received from the server. In case of DBG, it's just a way to verify if nothing prevents debugger module from connecting to the dbglistener.

Quote:
* Have you tried to debug from within phpEd yet (and setup a "project" for it first)?

Actually, PhpED will not work with debugger module 2.13 (which you're installing).
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
4.6 Win32 IDE, debug remote Linux + Apache ???