NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
3.1 dbg not stopping on errors

I just installed PHPed 4.6 build 4614, which comes with dbg 3.1, and it seems to me that I'm seeing a new and undesirable behavior when debugging --
When running under the debugger, and there's an error in my code, like "Fatal error: Call to undefined method foo::getBar()", the script is simply crashing with a standard PHP error in the embedded browser in the ouput window.

I haven't run under the debugger for a few days and I have the worst memory, but it seems to me that the debugger used to stop on that error in the code and display a popup error message and sometimes an error message in the Errors window. As explained in the help: "The debugger highlights any line of code that has an error and displays the error in the Error window."

Is this indeed new behavior, or is there a setting that got reset, or have I just lost the remnants of my mind completely?

--Jon
Site Admin

Could you please provide a code sample to reproduce the problem?
I checked with php scripts that contain errors like call to a missed function, and nothing wrong or unexpected happened.

Quote:
As explained in the help: "The debugger highlights any line of code that has an error and displays the error in the Error window."
Is this indeed new behavior, or is there a setting that got reset, or have I just lost the remnants of my mind completely?

This is not a new behaviour. It's there since version 3.1. As soon as your script produces error, PhpED shows message box and displays corresponding source line in red. But you can turn if off by adjusting [Error Level] in the debugger settings.
See tools->settings->debugger->error level.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Could you please provide a code sample to reproduce the problem?
This is not a new behaviour. It's there since version 3.1. As soon as your script produces error, PhpED shows message box and displays corresponding source line in red. But you can turn if off by adjusting [Error Level] in the debugger settings.
See tools->settings->debugger->error level.

Well, for me it's not stopping on any kind of error (except it won't run scripts with syntax errors), and simply continuing without a notice or popup of any kind. I'm pretty sure that this is not the behavior that I'm used to and it's not the behavior you describe.

I have error level set to 4.
I'm running PHP 5.1.4 with xdebug Version 2.0.0rc1-dev enabled. Could that have anything to do with it?
Here's a dump of my dbg settings from phpinfo:

Version 3.1.0
Linked as a shared library.
Dbg SSL not available
Dbg ip security enabled.
Profiler enabled
Target PHP version 5.1.4
Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
Extensions API 220051025
Modules API 20050922
PHP API 20041225

Directive Local Value
debugger.enable_session_cookie On
debugger.enabled On
debugger.fail_silently Off
debugger.ignore_nops Off
debugger.JIT_enabled On
debugger.JIT_host localhost
debugger.JIT_level 3
debugger.JIT_port 7869
debugger.net.chunksize 48000
debugger.net.maxpacketsize 4096000
debugger.ports protected value protected
debugger.profiler_enabled On
debugger.session_nocache On
debugger.timeout_seconds 300
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm running PHP 5.1.4 with xdebug Version 2.0.0rc1-dev enabled

I don't know if this intercepts anything or not. Derik derived a lot from DBG, including terminology.
Finally, I belive you can check your self if this module affect your php or not.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
3.1 dbg not stopping on errors