NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problem with Add/Remove comment
Veteran

Hi,

I just installed the latest version (b4611) and I love the new LaunchBox (although I only see the right pane but not the toolbar even if I disable it and then I enable it again... quite strange, isn't it ? But I use mostly the right pane so it doesn't matter).

I wanted to test the new "Add/Remove comment" feature, but I was quite disapointed : whether I use the "Add/Remove comment line" or "Add/Remove comment block" respectively on a single line or on a block, PhpEd hangs and I have to do "ALT+F4" to close it and open it again....

I hope that I'm clear enough and that you'll be able to reproduce it.

Thanks for your reactivity and cheers for this new version !
Veteran

Update of my previous post about the LauchBox toolbar : after I rebooted my computer and restarted PhpEd, the toolbar appeared.

Is the fact that I installed the version 4.6 without uninstalling previously the 4.5 version may be an explanation ? I don't know, are there some guys that had the same problem with b4611 ?
Site Admin

What's about build 4612? We fixed some minor problems and endless loop in the partser so it shouldn't hang anymore.
Could you please check if you can replicate the problems with adding/removing comments using this version?
Also, does it work for you in simple & short files?

Regarding Launchbox toolbar, installing over 4.5 shouldn't be a problem. But I'll check it out.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I've had the same problem, after installation of 4612 the first time i used the the comment block the GUI froze.
Now it seems to be working fine.

Request: can this add/remove comment be added woth an icon on the bar left of the Gutter? like indent.
Site Admin

Did it "freeze" for ever so you had to kill the process or just for few seconds? Could you please send me your source file?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Did it "freeze" for ever so you had to kill the process or just for few seconds? Could you please send me your source file?

spoke to soon, it still freezes (build 4612). a hard kill is needed to get my machine back.

i've send the source file to your user-id {at} nusphere.com (could not find any email contact on this forum of main website).
Site Admin

Contact Us http://shop.nusphere.com/contact_us/ is easier Smile
Anyway, I got your mail and replied with a fixed build.
Veteran

Thanks for this so quick reply and new build,

Indeed, it solved my problem: I tried several portions of code and it works (no more endless hangs).

Thanks again !
Site Admin

thanks for your great help.
Right now 4613 is on the site and the problem with comments is fixed there.
Veteran

I have some problems with this new feature (build4612):

1) Although the phped help shows the keyboard shortcuts, they don't work at all and they are not in the Settings>Editor Shortcuts menu.
phpED Help:
Add/remove line comment ctrl+/ Comments/uncomments current line
Add/remove block comment Shift+Ctrl+/ Comments/uncomments selected block

2) If I comment a line, I can uncomment only id the "//" is selected. It's easier to del the comment than to select it and go to the menu to uncomment. If I try to comment a block selecting spaces before the code on the same line, it doens't work. As an example, lets suppose that the dots below are spaces, and the brackets are the block limits:
Code:

[....if($test){
           do_something();
      }....]
Site Admin

with p.1) you need to uninstall previously installed 4.6 beta.
with p.2) you need build 4613 where those problems are fixed.

Quote:
Right now 4613 is on the site and the problem with comments is fixed there

Probably you didn't read this Smile
Veteran

ddmitrie wrote:
Probably you didn't read this Smile

Yes, I stopped typing my post for a while and yours came before I had mine finished Smile.
Problem with Add/Remove comment