NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

I think I have the same problem here.

Yesterday I bought the software and also started using samba. I have defined one workspace with two projects (production and test).

When I start NuSphere now I see the message updating code explorer tree. It look like nusphere hangs than but it is very very slow. Response after 10 seconds when I click something.

It can't be the samba connection because this is a fast connection (100kbs up and 1000kbs down).

Can I disable the code explorer tree or something ?

I disabled the samba's shares and after that the control came back.

I enabled one drive again and now I see the message flashing that he is scanning/updating the code explorer tree. It gets slow but not as slow as before. I guess when I enable the second drive again that he starts scanning both projects at the same time ?

Is there a way to enable/disable/customize how the scanning of this code explorer tree works ?

After a while the scanning stops.

I was working on a file and suddenly nusphere froze. I was unable to save my work. The taskmanager says that nusphere is busy and shows 50% of activity. But nothing is happening. I had to kill the proces and lost my work. btw: the samba drive was ok during the whole process. it was accesable and fast so that could be nog problem.

After restarting nusphere everything was back to normal.
Site Admin

Quote:
The taskmanager says that nusphere is busy and shows 50% of activity

There was a problem with parser that might enter into an endless loop with some files (mixed js and html and php sources) and it's what we fixed yesterday,in build 4612. Probably, you faced up with this and I'm sorry for that. Hopefully it won't appear again. Give it a try and please let me know if no problems appear again.

Regarding Samba performance, 100kbs means 10KB/s, isn't it? Not that fast Smile
I'd recommend you to try to pass it through ssh tunnel with compression turned on. Probably it will work faster.

Regarding scanning the project trees, it happens on active projects only, so only one project can be scanned at a time - while it is active.
Anyway, after the project Code Insight database is complete, such scans shouldn't happen again and parsing changed files won't take much time anymore. At least until you press Refresh in the Code Explorer.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I am download the new build right now. thx!

I do have mixed js and html and php sources so hope this solves the problem.

I meant 100KB/s Embarassed
Site Admin

100KB is pretty good and should be working quite seemlessly, but what's the latency? Please run ping -l 2000 <hostname> to see if the networks reacts fast enough. Otherwise it's only fast for big file transfers.
Well, we'll take a deeper look into the problem. Meanwhile could you please share your project characteristics with me?
These four sould be enough: total number of PHP files in the project, number of directories in the project, number of files (including non-php), and total size of all PHP files.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

With the ping I get 32ms avarage (TTL=57)

Total files is 401, 3.5MB. Almost all .php files. two .js files.

There is one map included in the total of 401 with 240(2.5MB) files in 24 directories it. In project props. I named this in the hide directories of the project because it should no be visible.

So basicly about 140 files with the total size of 1MB in 5 directories.

After installing the update he started scanning again and he is busy with it for a long time. I don't think he will stop....
Site Admin

what does it show in the status bar?
Updating Code Explorer Tree