NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Kill the debug session
Veteran

Hi,

Just a quick question for which I can't find an answer. While in remote debugging mode (using the DBG toolbar of IE), what should I do to kill the debug session and continue navigating without the debugger ?
Veteran

This has been bugging (pun intended) me too. I have tried taking the check mark off the Debug session command, but the DBG session just continues. The only way I can kill the DBG session, is to restart IE Confused

I now use Ian Flory's DBG toolbar toolbar in FireFox because it works better in this respect. It has a Kill debug session command that does exactly what it says Very Happy Do yourself a favour and check it out: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3227

It would be nice if the IE toolbar has something similar Wink

Hi, thanks for your reply !

Well, in fact, I just discovered the debug toolbar in Firefox and its 'kill session' button. You're right, it works as expected. But unfortunately I need both browsers to be able to debug since I have sometimes to deal with specific issues with IE and so it's faster sometimes to debug directly in IE.

Moreover, it's surprising that the Nusphere toolbar doesn't work the way we expect, unlike the Firefox one. I'm sure that they won't let this bug prevent the users from using their toolbar. I'm confident they'll fix the bug soon, right ? In the meantime, good luck to the Nusphere team and thanks for your products quality !
Site Admin

if you uncheck "Debug session" in the NuSphere's toolbar, the session is supposed to off. Not?

No it doesn't. For me, the debug session only stops if I close IE and start it again.