NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CVS checkout

Hello,

I'm trying to checkout project from CVS repository. The cvs client logs in fine, but when I'm trying to checkout the project I receive following message:

cvs.exe checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs.exe checkout: in directory .:
cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: *PANIC* administration files missing

What is the problem and how is it possible to solve? When I'm trying to checkout the project in command line, it does checkout without any error. Thanks a lot!
View user's profileFind all posts by :::XD:::Send private messageMSN MessengerICQ Number
Veteran

Hi there - we need a bit more info please.
For instance - what is the cvs command running - as it appears in the log tab and what are the CVS settings.
Whereis the directory of your project and does it have write permissions? Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually I have resetted permissions and restarted PC, now seems that everythin works fine. Sorry. (Didn't even guess that permissions could play any role in WinXP system)
View user's profileFind all posts by :::XD:::Send private messageMSN MessengerICQ Number
Site Admin

Actually, you have to run checkout either on files that were previously added to the repository or on a clean directory. In both cases CVS will create so-called "administration files". If you already have all the files there but no CVS subdirectories, you have nothing to do but delete all files and directories and run checkout again. That's CVS and its rules.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
CVS checkout