NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Does PhpED support MySQL 5? *sure* :)

I cannot connect to my MySQL 5 database from PhpED DB Client. I receive message "1251 Client does not support...". I swapped out my version of libmysql.dll for the one that came with PhpED, but no joy. All of my other database clients work.
Site Admin

Please tell what and where you swapped.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I noticed you had a thread that was operating on this topic up until a few months ago. Thanks for responding.

I copied libmysql.dll from c:\nusphere\phped\php5 to my php directory. The timestamp on this dll 1/11/2006 5:15 PM. The dll is being loaded by Apache, which can connect to MySQL.

As I'm looking at this, I'm wondering if this is the right place to be making this change. Where does the PhpED DB Client pick this dll up from?

Other applications I have connecting to the database have their own copies of libmysql.dll and they are timestamped 4/13/2005 7:04AM.

Maybe I'm not making the change in the right place (I'm assuming from your response that you expect MySQL 5 to work with the DB Client).
solved.

Okay, I figured it out. I must have been tired last night when I couldn't get this to work.

So the answer is: Yes, PhpED does support MySQL 5, if you only have the appropriate libmysql.dll in the /nusphere/phped directory.
Site Admin

Good Smile
Have a nice day
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Does PhpED support MySQL 5? *sure* :)