NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
open files tab order

In 3.3.3 the open window tab order at the top of the editor window seemed to be "order opened" and I'm used to using it this way. Now it appears to be alphabetical. I'm sure I'll get used to it that way, but is there a configuration option to set it the old, 'order-opened' way? I couldn't find it in Settings nor in a forum search.

Thanks,
Hans
Site Admin

I'm not sure what "open window tab" you mean. File tabs shown above files, are shown in the order the files were opened and this order is preserved when you restart the IDE. No alphabetizing as far as I know Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I have some screen shots, should I email them to you? What happens is that I open a couple of files, then a SSH session and the next file I open goes in alphabetical order while the open SSH session stays on the far right (session name is SSR, which is alphabetically last). The file is often hard to find, especially if I have a lot of files open.
Site Admin

When you open a file, its window tab is placed on the right to the currently opened file. It is supposed the most expected position Smile If you need it somewhere else, just drag tab there.

BTW, did you notice that you can undock the file window? See tab's popup menu "Floating..."
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
open files tab order