NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
MySQL 4.1.14 with PHPEd 4.0

Recently we upgraded MySQL on one of our servers to 4.1.14 and when trying to connect to this server using the MySQL client in PHPEd 4.0 (build 4037) I run into the following error message:

"1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client (you need new libmySQL.dll)"

I Googled the error message and there was conversation about MySQL 4.1 and PHP and how they changed the way passwords were hashed. I compared the password hashes on two different versions (4.1.7 and 4.1.14) of MySQL, and I can confirm this is true.

Is there an updated libmySQL.dll you can provide that will solve this issue, or will I need to hash all of my passwords using OLD_PASSWORD()?
Site Admin

Quote:
Is there an updated libmySQL.dll you can provide

We may not distribute new libmysql with phped IDE.
But AFAIK mysql is available from mysql site. If you copy new dll into PHPED directory it will work.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the pointer! I ended up finding the file in the bin directory of the zip file for windows on mysql.com (in case anyone else has the same trouble).
Did not work for me... :-(

For anyone trying the same thing...this cure did not work for me.

I downloaded the 4.1.18 version of the installer-free MySQL package and copied the libmysql.dll in to the PhpEd directory. Nada.

Sad
Site Admin

It is unclear what does not work for you.
Did you encoutner problems to access MySQL using PHP or using DB client in PHPED IDE?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Using the debugger in the IDE (specifically) but running w/o the debugger in the IDE doesn't work either: this MySQL error message is generated.

When I did a phpinfo() of the php.exe in the C:/Program Files/nusphere/php it showed Client API version 3.23.49 in the "MySQL" information. Doesn't that mean it's really using 3.x MySQL?
Site Admin

so it is php does not work with your mysql.
What PhpED build number are you using?

4.0.1, Build 4049
Site Admin

If you're a customer, you can get build 4058 which comes with php 4.4.1 & 5.1.2.
MySQL 4.1.14 with PHPEd 4.0