NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Find declaration when there is more than 1 decls *solved*
Veteran

I don't use CVS (yet), and before changing anything in a script directory, I usually make backup of the scripts in a BAK subdirectory. The problem is: when I am typing a call to a function, phped helps me giving tips to complete:

The first tip is what I want, and the other is in the BAK directory. I select the first one and after typing the "()", phped doesn't show the arguments of the correct "version" of the function:

And when I click on "Find declaration", I jump to the oldest one (the second tip).

Is there a way to avoid this?
Site Admin

I think the esiest way is to put "BAK" into the list of directories to hide. See Project properties, "hide directories" input, and do not forget to turn Code Explorer to Class View mode and refresh it.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Even after hiding "bak" directories and refreshing the code explorer, functions from bak directories are still listed in the code explorer although the directories are not shown anymore in the workspace tree. My problem persists. Any other idea?
Site Admin

Please make sure if Code Explorer still shows this function.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

ddmitrie wrote:
Please make sure if Code Explorer still shows this function.

Yes, definitely it does. I already even closed and reopened phped, refreshed 3 times giving 5 minutes to do it.
Site Admin

right.
we got similar report stating that phped scans project directories even if they are in the list to ignore. All it means that Hide directories affects only directory' visibility in the Workspace window.
Good news is that we improved it in 4053. Starting with this build everything will work as I said earlier. More over, no refresh will be required at all.
Site Admin

FYI 4053 is available for downloading.
Veteran

I downloaded 4053 yesterday, checked many times and so far the problem is not solved. Worse than before, now phped sees only function definitions fom opened files, although the Code Insight settings is not to "Limit scopes to includes", and the file where the function is declared IS included:

If I try to jump to declaration of the function, nothing happens.

If I open the file where the function is declared, code tip, arguments, and jump to declaration work correctly.

In the Code Explorer tab, I see only the opened files, even if Class view is selected and after many Refreshes. If I close one file and refresh the code explorer, that file is not there anymore.

And finally, if I open the file in the bak subdirectory, phped behaves exactly as the first post of this thread.

Am I missing something?
Site Admin

Is the file with this function in the project directory tree?
If it is out of it, did you add the directory holding this file to the list for CodeInsight includes? (see project properties)
Site Admin

Problem has been replicated and fixed in build 4054.
Veteran

ddmitrie wrote:
Problem has been replicated and fixed in build 4054.

Good news! and thanks for making this update available so soon.
Site Admin

It was a very simple fix. Just one line of code. So we decided to release it now.
Find declaration when there is more than 1 decls *solved*