NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Does phpED 4.0 work with MySQL 5?

I am trying to connect with a MySQL 5 database with PHPED 4.0.4033 and it does not seem to work.

I am getting authentication problems. I tried copying the libmysql.dll into the PHPED directory but that does not seem to work.
When I run phpinfo() inside any script in PHPED, the MySQL client version I get is 3.23 even after I copy the .dll file.

All these happens when I use PHP4. If I try PHP5, it doesn't even show me the MySQL client. Is your PHP5 is compiled with MySQL support?

Thanks for your prompt response.
Site Admin

First of all, there are THREE different ways you may access mysql:
a) from inside the IDE and it's when you have to replace libmysql.dll if you work with mysql 4.1 or higher.
b) from php4 package and it can not work with mysql 4.1 or higher
c) from php5 package and it works with mysql 4.1 or higher without any replacements.

Hope it makes things clear.

Regarding php5, it comes with both mysql and mysqli clients and you have to enable either of them in php.ini (see phped\php5\php.ini file, you have to add extension=php_mysqli.dll or php_mysql.dll)
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Are You sure?

Unfortunately, PhpED 4.0.1 b4033 coming with integrated PHP v5.0.4 that contain OLD!?! MySql API client. Inside /PHP5/ directory the client is v4.1 should be ok, but on PhpED root directory, it is v3.xx
If you use internal IDE DB client, will get error message. Solution? Replace this one from "PhpED" root with new ver. Wink
Site Admin

Regarding build 4033 itself, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It contains all the most recent _stable_ php versions that were available at the moment when this build was released.
Actually this build corresponds to version 4.0, not v 4.0.1 and is not available from our site since approx september.
If you're a customer, I'd highly recommend you upgrade to b 4049 or higher.

Regarding library found in phped's directory, you are absolutely right. It is mysql v3 client library distributed according to LGPL. As of mysql v4 or v5, it can be distributed b'ze of mysql AB licensing limitations. You may want to download it from their site by your own Smile and overwrite v3.23.
If you replace the library to a newer one, phped will work with it.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Does phpED 4.0 work with MySQL 5?