NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Strange behaviour *solved*

Sometimes, PHPEd goes weird and whenever I press enter/newline it just moves the cursor down a line and doesn't actually add a new line. It does the same for tab, except it moves the distance of a tab but without actually inserting a tab. The only way I can get out of this is by restarting PHPEd. I may be pressing something, but I can't work out what.

Another thing, is it possible to make PHPEd perform outside scripts? In Homesite I was able to perform java scripts on keypresses. So I could do stuff like convert HTML into a printable string. It would be great if I could do this with PHPEd it's a great time saver.

EDIT: First problem was simply the insert button Razz I'd accidentally hit it whilst typing.

Lewis

Last edited by Lewis on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Re: Strange behaviour

Lewis wrote:
Sometimes, PHPEd goes weird and whenever I press enter/newline it just moves the cursor down a line and doesn't actually add a new line. It does the same for tab, except it moves the distance of a tab but without actually inserting a tab. The only way I can get out of this is by restarting PHPEd. I may be pressing something, but I can't work out what.

I think this is related to that maybe you acidently pressed in "INSERT" key (and therefore went to overwrite mode in the editor). Then it acts like that. Just press insert kay again (and therefore go to insert mode) and everything is ok?

Regards,
Jan
Site Admin

Quote:
Another thing, is it possible to make PHPEd perform outside scripts? In Homesite I was able to perform java scripts on keypresses. So I could do stuff like convert HTML into a printable string. It would be great if I could do this with PHPEd it's a great time saver

You can run whatsoever external programs and/or scripts and bind shortcuts for them. It's not that hard, see Tools->Settings->Integration. It's where you can add items for some popup menus located in different areas, such as Db Client, File Tabs, Editor, Workspace, Explorer and finally Tools menu. Depending on "Execute With", command you typed is interpreted differently. It maybe SQL statement (Execute With Database) or file name with php script (Execute with SRV) or exe file (Execute with Shell).
Regarding access to the editor content, see "Work with editor", "Selected text" checkboxes.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Yeah I realised that sau, thanks anyway Smile

Also, thanks ddmitrie Smile Would I be able to perform a php script with the following?
c:\php\php.exe "/path/to/script.php"
Site Admin

Quote:
Would I be able to perform a php script with the following?

yep. Why not?
howto-use-a-php-script-for-my-editing-t753.html
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks Smile
Strange behaviour *solved*