NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP 4.2.3 and Debug Listener 3.1.0

Hello,

I just installed PhpEd 4.6 build 4615 which is using the Debug Listener 3.1.0. My server is running PHP 4.2.3. with Zend Optimizer. I find that the debug shared objects do not include one for PHP 4.2.3, the closest is PHP 4.3.x. I tried to configure my php.ini file to use this module (dbg.so-4.3.x) and although it appears to be loaded (no error in http error.log) there is no debugger entry on the phpinfo.ini display.

Is there a dbg.so object I can use with PhpED 4.6 build 4615 and debug listener 3.1.0 and PHP 4.2.3? If so, where can I download it?

Thank you
David

Hello,

After doing some digging around this appears to be a bit more complex than I first thought. I found an error message in the http error.log

"DBG requires Zend Engine API version 20021010. The Zend Engine API version 20020429 which is installed, is outdated."

I cannot upgrade the PHP version or Zend Optimizer on this server at this time and I do not want to uninstall PhpEd 4.6 if I don't have too so I guess my question is can I install the debug listener from PhpED 4.5 and will this work with phpED 4.6?

David

Site Admin

Dear David,

PhpED v4.6 will not work with php 4.2.x until you install debugger modules for this version of php.
Indeed, we removed debugger modules for all php versions prior to 4.3 from v4.6 package. There are some reasons for this:
we do not want out package to grow above 100MB, we concluded that 4.2 and earlier php versions are too old (note, 5.2 will be released soon).

Quote:
I cannot upgrade the PHP version or Zend Optimizer

Please consider upgrade php and 3rd party modules you're using with it to version 4.4 or at least 4.3.
Our support for php debugger for v4.2 will be stopped in 2-3 months.
Meanwhile, please contact me by email for the modules for php v4.2
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
PHP 4.2.3 and Debug Listener 3.1.0