NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Triple quotes? *solved*

Just started with phpEd about 2 weeks ago. Great tool. I came after frustration with another IDE's instability and very frequent crashes, but even with this fresh new version phpEd is so stable. Thanks!

I have two minor annoyances. First, I have Auto-close Quotes enabled. When I type a quoted string it's fine. But when I try to break it up to interpolate a variable, I get triple quotes. For example, if I have this code snippet:
Code:
$a = 'This is a snippet';

And then I decide I want to make that snippet like this:
Code:
$a = 'This is a '.$myobj->someProperty.' snippet.';

The Auto-close Quotes feature makes three quotes when I type '' to break the string, so I get this (cursor location denoted by the | char):
Code:
$a = 'This is a '|snippet';

then I hit ' again, and I get this:
Code:
$a = 'This is a '''|snippet';

and I have to backspace to get rid of the extra quote, and then again to add my concatenators (.'s).
My previous IDE (PHPEdit 1.2) has a nice feature where when you type a ' or " within a string, it not only completes the quote but even adds the .'s and puts the cursor in the right place.

The other issue is that my chosen editor font sometimes gets forgotten, and the editor reverts to Courier New. I'm using XP SP2, with phpEd 4.0 build 4033. I prefer Lucida Console or Anonymous (another nice monospace font).
View user's profileFind all posts by anaxamaxanSend private messageVisit poster's website
No answer?

Am I the only one seeing this problem? Can someone corroborate my story?
View user's profileFind all posts by anaxamaxanSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

this problem will be fixed in v4 update pack #1.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Triple quotes fixed in latest?

Hi Dmitrie,

By any chance has the triple-quotes error been fixed in the latest build? (See my original post above from a couple months ago)
Site Admin

This feature is improved in version 4.0.1 (build 4048) which is available from the site right now.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Triple quotes? *solved*