NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
help with cvs and remote repository
Veteran

I'm using cvs on my local machine ( CVS access method -> local) and everything works perfectly. But when I try to use pserver or ssh it doesn't work. May be this is not the right forum, but have you some suggestion?

I've installed on my local machine (Win Xp) an ssh server (openssh), I've created an ssh user that match a win xp user (same login and password). But when I try to execute a cvs command with access method -> ssh I've the following error:

Can you help me?

If I subsitute the default cvs executable with the tortoise cvs.exe or the one offered from cvsnt (cvs server) there is the wait window for many minutes (it seems hanging)
Site Admin

It's my understanding that you're trying to setup a remote Windows host and allow SSH access to it.
In this case, I'd recommend you to install CygWin, openssh, get user accounts and groups into /etc/passwd and /etc/group, register sshd daemon as Windows Service using cygrunsvc and run it. That's all you need in short.
Then login to it using ssh console (from Cygwin bash shell) and say YES when it prompts to store server's certificate fingerprints.
After that cvs and ssh will work fine with your host.
Let know if you encounter any problem(s).
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Hi ddmitrie,
I've done what you say; i've installend OpenSsh (which use CygWin), created and user account and group and registered the daemon.
Now using DOS prompt I'm able to log with the user created; in the new shell if I type cvs I see that the command is correctly executed (at the first attempt it didn't work because cvs.exe not in the path)

But Id doesn't work, I've the error showed in the prev screenshot.

The only things that I can point out are that I'm trying to connect with ssh to the local host (I've installed ssh daemon on the current machine) and that in the path of the ssh user I've the cvs.exe of cvsnt and not the one of phped
Site Admin

Quote:
I've installed ssh daemon on the current machine

Did you check if ssh is able to connect to your sshd?
Did it ask to store certificate's fingerprint?
Did you check if cvs can is accessible via PATH when you're connected to sshd using ssh commandline tool?
Are you using cygwin.bat at all? It's what you must to.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
help with cvs and remote repository