NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
internal web server of phped 4

Hi folks
I've freshly installed pphped 4. one of the installation steps is the question about the used php version coming along with the package. I've chosen to use both (4 and 5, but extension php pointing to 4). After installation I've started the ide and created a new project running on ide internal server. running a simple script raises the message that zend optimizer has a problem with different api versions. debugger can't be started because the session always timed out as of the same error message.
what have I done? what should I do?

either remove zend_optimizer or get a compatible one.
Check phpinfo() to see where your php.ini is located.
I would not recommend you to have "just one" php.ini.
It's when this file is located either in Windows directory or is pointed by HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\IniFilePath
In this case, I'd highly recommed you remove the registry value, and remove php.ini from Windows directoy.
Why? It's simple. You have 2 different and wholly incompatible php versions - php4 and php5.
Each one would have its own independed set of extensions (dll modules) and therefore an indepneded php.ini files are required.
PhpED IDE installs 2 php.ini files into php and php5 directories respectively. But if INIFILEPATH in the registry is set, its value is used regardless if local php.ini exists or not.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

thanks, that's it...