NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Phped 4 Doesn't Support Multi-byte file properly? *Solved*

When I open an UTF8 file or GB2312 file in IDE, the file could be looks correctly.

But if you check carefully, you will find a few characters at the end of line, which contains multi-byte characters, was missing.

If you move the cursor to the line which contains multi-byte characters (click on that line), the cursor and the line will not working properly!

You point the cursor to the position will not be the REAL position. So, you will delete the characters you don't want, you will input words in the wrong place if this is a line contains Multi-byte characters.

Encode setting doesn't help!

Follow is the screenShot.
Check the codes with red lines at the end. the last tag are all incomplete!
Image is located at :http://forum.nusphere.com/sshot/386809742.jpg

Last edited by helloboyxb on Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Site Admin

If you use DOUBLEWIDTH fonts, you have to uncheck "Monospaced fonts" in Tools->Settings->editor Appearance
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

just to give you an idea on how it may look like whn monospaced fonts checkbox is disabled, see the screenshot below:
(I don't understand anything in Chineese, so I'm sorry if there is anything wrong shown, I just made sure that the content shown in PHPED is 100% consistent with browser).

Please don't forget to select GB2312 in the font character set and any font supporting it. It's necessary, or dimensions of the character cells won't be mapped properly.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks very much!

It works.

Very Happy
Phped 4 Doesn't Support Multi-byte file properly? *Solved*