NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
local web server issue *solved*

Hello,

I would like to use the debugger with the local web server to avoid any extra web server/debugger installation, but I can't seem to render any .swf files using the local web server.

Is it any way to configure the local web server to view my .swf files ?

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin

Local web server is a simpliest web server. I'd recommend you to use it for simpliest php projects only.
If you don't want to waste your time installing many components such as php, apache, apache modules etc one by one, you may want to install Nusphere TechPlatform (freeware) that installs them all at once.
Rendering SWF files depends on the Flash ActiveX that comes with IE. In case of PHPED, it means that SWF are rendered by embedded web browser (IE). Check if you have ActiveX enabled and if web server sends SWF file upon corresponding request. I'd recommend you to check web logs.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I could not find a solution to view my .swf. it does not come from IE config since I have no problem to browse any flash site, other than my local web server flash site.

So it must come from the default config of the local web server, something related to MIME type, I don't know much about it, but it looks to me that the user don't have many option to play with using the local web server.

So I installed the NuSphere TechPlat, it's indeed nice regarding the debugger install that works fine, but the thing is I still need to bother with configuration files if I wanna map any of my web site directory since I don't wanna use the apache\htdocs default dir...

Do you have any tool associated to choose the mapping of my web dir ? or any other solution to do it w/o modifying apache conf files ?

Thanks a lot in advance...

PS: really, the most convenient for me would be to be able to use the local web server, I'm not sure it would be a big problem to make it response to the the browser the correct format message when I request for a .swf file.
What do you say ?
Site Admin

Please send me a simpliest script (or scripts) that would replicate the problem. I think I'll manage to get it working.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

1/ I launch the local server (Tools->Server)
2/ I map the directory of my web site(Server setting):
Text box "home directory" = D:\Dev\TEMP\test1\
3/ I put a simple .swf displaying a circle (circle.swf)
4/ I reach circle.swf by using the url via IE: http://localhost:8080/guide.swf
5/ but I get the content of the .swf as text char:
CWS~xœ«``g`à_ÀÀ lÆàÌôÿÿÿý . Œ …/|LÚî̍`` ` ¨®ÏªÞ7¡KîŽÔþNýïNÓZ§3c^ڍUŦ~˜¦¼aà}ykÉ=Ù L+4þß•Y[ÌÐÆÆÆ4ˆÁž£H21¸®ªíŠšuæ¿ÐFKá m~˜€6þWþÿàÁÿ³@‰ÿBkïY\€UxÊLá;֍k°¯1m8„)ºÁŒ‘ ‹`a&°ðO…VÚø3G`@4JMž<STI4&œ•µSxI&[ÊLa‡f|¢Eh¢H΂ÄËÿ@‘wʇ‚žP˜ÂÄ«ºôJ<gÃåe±Q Sؘn¥ê¯dà `Љ`èbccF‚Ô·å»:ØX™dêW1:ÀØ-MBpv§–â»w—Á{’—=\Í´[¾psfEÃÙóO¥+ÀØKvåÃÅW1eÁÙk˜‚`ìÕ—,ÀÕüR„ë]y‰ Î^Qø®wÙË»p7,<wÛâ“›`ìEšsáz4¶ÃÍŸw²Œ±p½³=à왆ÆpötM9¸Þ©Œ÷LÚð®f‚ÁC¸½½gáîìjØwgûepsÚfL„»¡£¡nfïx˜L>pçÌŠ¸]ó*áv-©h„«_9£®f]Ä ¸ÞM+VÀÕlkØwÃΧánÛ³ã>Ü û¾ÀÅÌä‚Ûup&"^1ZÀÍ<xÓnæAÍT¸ß÷߬†»aïˉpsv¾\t'«Tx}

PS: I'm making a flash/php app, so this is my flash app that initiates http request
Site Admin

SRV shipped with PHPED 3.3 does not add Content-Type header and that's why browser shows the flash binary instead of running it.
I'd recommend you use TechPlatform instead.

This is the kind of answer I was afraid of Smile
Thanks for you help.

Why don't you add the header yourself?

Well, if you can develop your answer, would be great.

I don't see how to do that.

1/ via the URL I gave as an example, I can't do anything since I request directly the .swf, as ddmitrie says, the server has to handle the right response type.

2/ via a php link, I don't see how to include my .swf after I modified the header, I guess it is doable, but I don't wanna do that anyway.
Site Admin

Let me know if this srv.exe resolves your problem:

http://forum.nusphere.com/sshot/Srv.zip

I've got an error while launching your new server, it needs libexpatw.dll to work.
Site Admin

sorry. here you are http://forum.nusphere.com/sshot/libexpatw.zip
local web server issue *solved*