NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CVS...CVS

Hi there,

I am using PHPEd 3.2, with one workspace and 4 projects... I am very happy with the software suite, and experiencing better programming with the cvs option...
All projects are on CVS, same configuration, but for 2 of the projects I never get the blue lock icon next to the files in the project tree... but they are configured in the same way, imported on cvs server in the same way, ... and 2 are working, 2 are not displaying the icons...

Any idea about this? Has it been solved into the next version?

Thanks

run CVS STATUS on the other two projects which aren't displaying icons and compare the output with one for the first two project which are "working".
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

After a lot of testing with status cvs command, and a lot of work, here is what I did :
I couldn't make it work as I exposed in 1 message... (3 cvs controlled projects in one workspace) I tried everything, restarting phped, importing projects directly on the cvs server, recreating all systems,...

Finally
I created a new workspace with this new project and it worked perfectly!
But quite unstatisfying I shall admit...

So in the correct workspace
I deleted project #2 and recreated once again this last annoying one(#3).
With 2 projects, still working
Next I readded project #2 : still working
Next added project #4...still working.

I have no idea what happen, and how much time I spent on it... Anyway thanks for the help...

Last question, do you know why sometimes the Replace functionnality is unavailable while editing a file...? cause of cvs?

Stupid last question, of course, sorry
Rolling Eyes

Replace is not available while file is ReadOnly.

Regarding CVS & those projects... Please check CVS settings and inspect the output shown in the log window after each command run.
If CVS account works, status should show if file is in the repository and if it's synchronized with. Often, CVS gets trouble if files or .CVS directories are moved. CVS manual recommends to erase local copy completely and checkout the project again.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
CVS...CVS