NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can't edit file after Search in Files *solved*

I cannot edit file after Search in Files and selecting the file from Log-list, when the file is in read only mode. Files are in read only mode after checking out from CVS.

To remove read only mode I need to choose CVS Edit, but I cannot do it from the Log-list or from the editor window. I need to browse the file from the workspace list and choose CVS Edit. This takes lots of time.

Is there any solution to this problem? Could you add faster access to CVS Edit to Log-list or Editor-window.
Site Admin

you can assign shortcuts for frequently used CVS commands. See tools->settings->cusomization->CVS->...
Each command may have its own shortcut.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Shortcut will not work in Editor-window (just tested). I still need to browse the file from the workspace list and then launch the shortcut. Browsing the file takes lots of time, so we still have the same problem.
Site Admin

why don't you run CVS EDIT after CVS CHECKOUT ?
Alternatively, you can change CHECKOUT behaviour by removing -r argument.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

We have several programmers working with same project. We cannot do CVS EDIT to all files, but only to files that we are working with at the moment.

The problem can be solved, if NuSphere adds CVS commands to Editor-window (when editor with mouse right button).
Site Admin

Actually, no NuSphere intervention is required Smile
You can do it yourself.
Open CVS command parameters and check "Show this command in File Bar popup". After that it will be shown when you right click on the File Bar tabs and shortcut will work when you press it while editing. BUT, don't use Ctrl+Alt+x and Ctrl+x combinations. They may leave characters in the editor. I'd recommend, for example Alt+C for CVS Edit.

Very Happy Very, very happy. This solved my problem. Thanx a lot!

I like to report about one small bug related to this problem.

1. I have added CVS Edit to File bar Popup.

2. I search a file and bring it to Editor window. File is locked, I cannot edit it (this is normal state after CVS checkout).

3. I choose CVS Edit from File bar popup

==> I cannot edit file.

4. I need to click once any file in Workspace window and the return to Editor window

==> Now I can edit the file.

It seems that Editor window is not updating its editing status after CVS Edit but after clicking Workspace window.
Site Admin

Open CVS Edit command properties and check "Auto reload file in editor" setting.

Very Happy Thank you again.
Can't edit file after Search in Files *solved*