NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Next Version with new features - when?

hi,

in the moment i am looking for a new ide to develop larger php programs. i tested a lot of ide's (small ones, zend 4.0, eclipse, komodo and more), but phped is the program i like best. it gives me the best "feeling" from all ide's.

but there are some features, which i am terribly missing:

1. code snippets: i think this is a must-have. it speeds up work really much. i do not like the way zend implemented this feature. i think it should be a side-panel (like "help" oder the "code explorer") - adding or using a snippet should work with drag-n-drop.

2. collapsing code-blocks like large classes or funktions would be very useful. defining own code-blocks would be even better.

3. better php5 support.

4. more freedom in defining code-highlightning.

in a good php-book (php de luxe) an upcoming phped 4.0 was mentioned. before i buy a license of phped, i would like to know, if or when the mentioned features will be implemented and when there will be a new version of phped.

i ask this, because i think that even minor version-updates (i.e. form 3.2 to 3.3) are quite expensive and therefor i will wait till a new version.

thanks for your questions.
Re: Next Version with new features - when?

badbandit wrote:
hi,

in the moment i am looking for a new ide to develop larger php programs. i tested a lot of ide's (small ones, zend 4.0, eclipse, komodo and more), but phped is the program i like best. it gives me the best "feeling" from all ide's.

but there are some features, which i am terribly missing:

1. code snippets: i think this is a must-have. it speeds up work really much. i do not like the way zend implemented this feature. i think it should be a side-panel (like "help" oder the "code explorer") - adding or using a snippet should work with drag-n-drop.

2. collapsing code-blocks like large classes or funktions would be very useful. defining own code-blocks would be even better.

3. better php5 support.

4. more freedom in defining code-highlightning.

in a good php-book (php de luxe) an upcoming phped 4.0 was mentioned. before i buy a license of phped, i would like to know, if or when the mentioned features will be implemented and when there will be a new version of phped.

i ask this, because i think that even minor version-updates (i.e. form 3.2 to 3.3) are quite expensive and therefor i will wait till a new version.

thanks for your questions.

I'd like to see the same things he's suggesting, and native SFTP is a MUST!

Also curious about next major release. I'm interested in buying a few licenses, maybe like 4 - 5.

Thanks
Next Version with new features - when?