NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger hanging *solved*

After months of using PhpEd and DBG successfully, I've run into a very strange problem. In some of my scripts the debugger will hang for 10-15 seconds at a specific line. Then the script continues, but HTML output stops at the line the debugger hung at.

(I should point out that this code runs fine both off the regular server and when I click the "run" button next to the "debug" button, so it seems that it must be a debugger issue.)

The hang does not happen at a processor-intensive spot; the most recent example is while 'echo'-ing the contents of a <select> menu. I've tried the following without success:

1. Replacing the line (including line breaks);

2. Changing the logic from a bunch of "echo" statements to a single concatenated string variable which is echoed at completion. When I do this the concatenated string forms correctly, but the debugger hangs when it hits the "echo" statement;

3. Commenting out the offending line. When I do this, the <next> line becomes the one the debugger hangs at; and

4. Replacing all line breaks in the file

This has happened in several different files, and always happens at the same place in each file.

My configuration:

PhpEd 3.3.3 build 3395
Windows 2000 development box
Remotely debugging a G4 XServe with OS X 10.3.8 and PHP 5.0.3

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Regards,

Bill
Site Admin

Hi Bill,

Perhaps it's dbg/MacOS or php/MacOS related issue. Could you please contact me by email?

Dmitri.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

According to our conversation, it appreaded that adjusting debugger.net.chunksize to 32000 and debugger.net.maxpacketsize to 4096000 solved the problem.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Debugger hanging *solved*