NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to debug from index.htm onward

My current setup is as follows:

Apache, PHP and PHP Debugger on a remote server

I'm using PSD, from another machine, to debug my code. Initially I was able to debug right from the start by specifing the following url

http://<remote ip>/?DBGSESSID=0@<dbg host>:7869

The first page is a static index.htm page, which includes a form to post
a user name and password. This is then passed to login.php

As I mentioned before this used to work, but now it just runs through
and PSD does not get to debug anything anymore. However, if I specify

http://<remote ip>/login.php?DBGSESSID=0@<dbg host>:7869

it works!

I need to debug in full context of my web site. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Site Admin

What's PSD ? Sorry for such a silly question Smile I guess everybody is supposed to know it... but seems I'm an exception.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

PSD is a standalone PHP debugger which uses the PHP Debugger extension. So instead of using dbgListener, PSD performs its own monitoring. Anyhow, since I'm new to PHP and debugging it, including the original question, how do I debug from index.htm onward so that a program, like PSD, will activate when it encounteres any .php script?

PSD is located at:

psd.schnitzke.net
Site Admin

Sorry, this forum is dediated to DBG php debugger which is distributed with NUSPHERE PHPED IDE.
Please contact PSD developers on how to use it.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm well aware this forum is dedicated to the DBG php debugger, and in no way was I asking for help on the PSD tool, rather if anyone had read my situation carfully, you'd clearly realize that I needed help on how to make a tool such as PSD, PHPEd, PHPEdit etc.......... trigger when it encountered a .php file, eventhough the first is an html file. Once again, if this wasn't yet clear, I have a root index.htm file which requests a login and password and then this info is passed to the login.php. How do I debug login.php in context with the info from index.htm, without having to hack the code with DebugBreak() etc...
Site Admin

there is a FAQ page solely dedicated to the methods of running debug sessions. See FAQ forum please.
How to debug from index.htm onward