NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
When debugging source file lines don't track with debugger

On one project I just newly started after a few years of no problems, the source script php file I'm debugging doesn't 'track' with the debugger.
The little blue dots on the left edge of the IDE, don't line up with the source lines. The further down the script, the greater the error...makeing debugging very difficult.
I deleted all my break points (as found in this forum) but that didn't help.
Not all files in the project do this, and other projects work fine.
I compaired the project's properties line for line, even copied to a new location, and added project there, but no help.
Any ideas?
Site Admin

a) make sure you files have 0x0A or 0x0D, 0x0A line ends. If you have 0x0D alone at some lines it won't work good with php itself. It does not count line numbers in this case
b) if you run php scripts remotely, make sure that the remote files are exactly the same as local ones.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the reply.

I think that may be what's happing. Late last evening, I carefully copied the offending file line by line into a 'fresh' file. I then tried it,and it worked fine.
Then today, when I was debugging, their was a syntax error, that the debugger tried to point me to, and it failed. Then there was a bad character in the file, and I had to copy it line bye line to get the character out.

It's sends three notes to microsoft errors, and then goes to a blank HTML screen with just the header info inside (blank in a browser)

That's where I'm at now....the debugging lines are fine...but, when I hit a syntax error, it just quits, blank browser. So my syntax has to be perfect or it crashes....do you think that's from the text line terminators?
Site Admin

php can show you error in the output content if you turn it on in php.ini. Anyway it stops in case of syntax errors. You have no other choises there.
Not sure what kind of crashes you meant. Blank browser is not a crash.
If you run debug session from the PHPED IDE, it will show you syntax error location and reason.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

The line errors not tracking was from using source code from another editor. I have learned I must cut and paste into the Nusphere editor to get away from the line tracking error.
The other blank page error still ocurres, but not as bad as the tracking problem..thanks for your help.
When debugging source file lines don't track with debugger