NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to write to the Output Pane?

Have got the debugger working great, but wondering if there's an easy way to output information to the Output Pane in PhpEd? I've got some session code that time's out if I stop in the debugger, and being able to dump some simple infos to the Output Pane would be a great help.

Cheers,
-Chris
Site Admin

You may want to use OutputDebugString(string $str). It will dump out $str in the View->Tabs->Log window (see Filter->ODS in its popup). As of View->DebugWindows->Output it shows output produced by your script. Normally it's what is passed to the browser and it's a kind of duplication of the browser's Show Source, but we nevertheless have it there because browser may fail to show the sources until it gets some certain amout of data or at least closing body tag.

Thanks Dimitri -- exactly what I was looking for!

Took me a couple of weeks to get all the bits of PhpEd set up and working properly for my project, but I must say that its very impressive and will be a *massive* improvement over what we've been doing all these years. Big thanks! Very Happy

-Chris
How to write to the Output Pane?