NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Is it possible to install PHPed on another PC?

Hi there!

is it possible to have apache, php an mysql on a PC, and PHPed on another, both on a LAN (working correctly) ?

i have this situation, but when I run PHPed on the pc that is the server, the debugger works fine, but if I run PHPed on another pc of the same LAN, it gives timeout error... what can i do?

Thanks for your time Smile
Guru master

I have a very bold suggestion for you, you ought to try it Smile
Why not go to the Help menu in phpEd and choose the "phpEd Manual" option there?
You have an item "Debugging and profiling" in the index describing step by step what you have to do.
If after that it still doesn't work, you can checkout the General FAQ forum here.
Have fun using phpEd, I know I do Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

I really like when somebody tries to me smart and tells something like "have you checked on google?" or "how about seeing the help file?" or something like that....

sincerely... That makes me sick! And I say: "How about shuting up?" I've tried what you told and still did not make it. That's why I asked the question!!!

Is this the support nusphere has to give? I was using trial version, but after this stupid comment, I won't buy the program, and I am surely use some opensource. At least I have the support of the community, because OpenSource people helps each other, not like you did.

I've found PHP Designer 2005 and liked it, I've tried ConTEXT with PHP Highlighter and liked it (Only bad thing is that it doesn't have debugger). PHPEd has many bad things. For oppening LAN PHP files it sucks.... I have to give the exact path of the file.... not even \\PC_NAME works...

BAH!!

I won't support you and won't tell this program is good... too many bugs for a stupid huge price!

Goodbye!
Guru master

First of all, you are the one in error since you post your reaction here as if you are just enquiring whether it can be done, you gave absolutely no hint as to what you already tried and what went wrong/didn't work.

So hence my comments, since a step-by-step guide can be found in the helpfile and the FAQ forum has excellent answers to the most common problems. I can't help it that you want to make it seem as if you didn't look around. How can you expect a detailed problem analasys without giving information?

Secondly, I have nothing to do with NuSphere. I'm just one of their very happy customers and I bought phpEd a long time ago and will continue to support them. As a matter of fact I'm debugging and profiling exact in the way as you wanted to know here, editor on one PC, webserver somewhere else so it can be done without too much problems.

Thirdly, there's no need to get all offensive. I have said nothing to insult you and I haven't attacked you personally. Frankly, if that is the way you respond to all semi-teasing comments then I don't think that you would get much help anyway / anywhere.

But since you left you won't read this post anyway so why should I bother further?

Goodnight.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

You're right about my attitude, and I'm sorry for that. I've read my post again and I also think it's a bit offensive, and I'm sorry for that. Hope ou didn't get mad or something Sad My english is not so good, so I just know the main expressions, if something looks offensive just by the words itself, please forgive me.

Now, back to the topic. I know I didn't tell what I've done completely, before posting, but I also thought of your post kinda offensive, more like having fun with me. But I won't enter that matter, there's no need.

I appreciate your support, and even more responding to the last post, but I guess I'm really moving to opensource. That's my area, and I've found some good programs, that are working...

PHPEd had many crashes, on both PC's, what made me mad about the program, because it's the only one, and I know there's nothing wrong with the PC's, except for them to be with SO Windows Laughing

I'm still deciding what I'm doing with this, so later on I'll really decide the quality of the opensource php editor programs vs PHPEd.

Thanks for everything, and sorry again.

Goodnight!
Guru master

I admit I was in a teasing mood, and I understand that it can be really annoying getting an answer like that if you don't want it. Having helped people with IT problems for over 10 years I should've known better but I couldn't resist. Let's just burry the whole discussion Wink

Regarding your problem: it's kinda strange because I'm using phpEd for almost 2 years now and I have yet to see it crash for the first time.

Also ddmitrie's support here is very good and he attempts to help wherever he can. New feature requests etc are always considered and never discarded without a good reason.

I've been developping in PHP for 5 years and some change now, and in that time I've tried a big number of php editing solutions like phpedit, php expert editor, zend studio and some others (and spend a lot of money on them). In the end I decided I prefer phpEd. Once you get it set up right (which can sometimes be a bit of a hassle), it'll never let you down.
Some days it tries to annoy you, but I think that just confirmes that software is female... once in a month... :p (ignore that last bit).

So don't just throw it away just yet, perhaps you will find the reason for the crashes.
Site Admin

Hello HolyMurderer,

NuSphere is there...
I'm sorry for the problems you've experienced... But. I think many people will admit that PhpED is a very stable IDE. I know it might mean nothing to you from your perspective.

Words "had many crashes" aren't too descriptive, yet. If you got any crash, you may want to submit RIP file(s) to NuSphere QA dept. They will work with you until the crash is replicated and fixed and the next update pack will include it. It's quite a polished process that works really good during the beta testing, that's why the released IDE is stable. Nevertheless again, if it happens to crash we'll fix it.

Regarding remote debugging... Mapped disks are not the only option. You may want to publish your files through FTP or WEBDAV clients embedded to PHPED. And yes, you can use UNC names in the project settings like this \\servername\sharename\subdirname\ It only requires dbg-2.16.17 to be installed on the server. Previous versions may not work with UNC names.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm trying to understand that... How can I install the debugger (I guess it's dbg-2.16.17, right?) on the webserver machine? Copy the dll into it? Wich folder? Sad

Any more hints? I've uninstalled the program and installed again, and I'm going to check for more crashes and stuff hope not any crash, but if it happens, I'll verify the error Wink )

Thanks, ddmitrie and Blizz Smile

PS: I'm new to PHP, only 2 or 3 weeks... I've learnt some stuff, like a guestbook, stats tracker (learnt with 3DBuzz PHP & MySQL tutorial videos Very Happy )

Hugs

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with DBG v2.16.16, (C) 2000,2004, by Dmitri Dmitrienko

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! I guess this means DBG is successfully installed on the server, right? Smile

some things:

1 - if I only write \\PC_NAME it gives an error message, instead of appearing the files on the pc, listed... I guess a good feature would be easier network file exploring....

2 - If I configure FTP Account, and use it to open php files for editing, debug options are inactive Sad is it normal, or some kind of config?
Guru master

HolyMurderer wrote:
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! I guess this means DBG is successfully installed on the server, right? Smile

Indeed, nice work.

HolyMurderer wrote:
1 - if I only write \\PC_NAME it gives an error message, instead of appearing the files on the pc, listed... I guess a good feature would be easier network file exploring....

You should add c$ or d$ or something behind the name, as that really is a windows issue, not PHPEd. The simplest way would be to share the folder containing the sourcefiles on the server and then using it like that. Eg if you share the folder as "source" then it would be accesible as \\PC_NAME\source. Don't forget to make sure that you enable the "full access" as the files would be read only otherwise.

HolyMurderer wrote:

2 - If I configure FTP Account, and use it to open php files for editing, debug options are inactive Sad is it normal, or some kind of config?

To be able to debug you got to have an opened project. So if you didn't make one yet you should do so. phpEd needs to know how to map sourcefiles to "webfiles" and it needs a project for that.
Site Admin

Quote:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with DBG v2.16.16, (C) 2000,2004, by Dmitri Dmitrienko

Actually I said 2.16.17 that will come with support for mapping of networked disks (UNC) and recently released php-4.3.11/5.0.4.
I'll post news on the NEWS forum when this version is released.

Quote:
if I only write \\PC_NAME it gives an error message...I guess a good feature would be easier network file exploring....

Yet, it's not supported in phped 3.3, but will be in the next version.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Great answer Blizz. Thanks Smile

I've done the project already... I've done some progress...

the situation now is differente. The files are on the ftp tree on the left, normally, with the project done, BUT when i try to debug, it appears: "Failed to map remote file "D:\WebServer\Apache2\htdocs\learn\guestbook.php" to any local file.

The strange thing, is that the referred path, is the path on the SERVER, on the REMOTE PC, not on the local PC... is it normal? Shouldn't be different?

Thanks for your time Wink
Is it possible to install PHPed on another PC?