NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
ZF project setup?

Hello, I've just purchsed PHPeD and am trying to setup my projects but cant figure out how to do it.

Is there anyway to use the Zend Framework with the standard version of PHPeD?
Veteran

Hi there - could you please give more details about your setup? You might want to take a look here:
http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/howto_set_project_mapping.htm

I hope it helps

The main issue is that the libraries used in the framework are kept outside of the web root. Does this mean I need remote debugging and therefore the professional edition? I cant seem to access the 'Mapping' tab in project setup, which I guess is a pro facility.

This is not good if true as it means I can't edit any of my projects properly as they all use ZF.

Has anyone come up with any way to use libraries outside the web root in the standard version of PHPeD. I cant believe this limitation.
Site Admin

with PhpED/Standard edition, you can use local Apache, local IIS or bundled SRV web server.
For the projects with out-of-the-web files, I'd recommend to use Apache. In this case you have to set Run Mode to 3rd party Web Server and adjust project mappings as yfaktor recommended.

How do you adjust mappings though? When I open project properties I can only see an 'includes' tab, there is no mappings tab.
Site Admin

Mapping is available only when Run Mode is set to 3rd party Web Server. Otherwise it's not used at all.

I have run mode set to 3rd Party, and I'm running apache with the debugger installed correctly. My project works and the debugger runs etc. it's just that in my workspace the out of webroot folders are not shown as discussed in the article yfaktor linked to.

You can see the mapping tab is not shown here:

Site Admin

ah, sorry for misleading answers. I forgot that mappings is indeed not available in Standard edition.
So, it means that project root will always correspond to the web root.
May I ask you what particular problems you experienced with ZF?

Hello,

Thanks for the quick replies. I dont really have any major probelms apart from that I cant set up the framework to work without this mapping tab I guess. I wasn't aware that this would be a problem to be honest.

The way the framework is structured this is probably necessary as the only file that sits within the web root is a bootstrap file to initiate the system. All of the controllers and views sit outside the webroot and therefore I cannot access them from the workspace window. It will probably mean I cant debug either, so all in all I cant use PHPeD to edit or debug.

I was really looking forward to using PHPeD for this as it's better than any of the other apps that I've tried the demos of. Do you think I would possibly be able to get a refund at all? I cant afford the pro version yet really.
Site Admin

Quote:
The way the framework is structured this is probably necessary as the only file that sits within the web root is a bootstrap file to initiate the system. All of the controllers and views sit outside the webroot and therefore I cannot access them from the workspace window.

Why not to create directory inside the web/project root and have all the ZF there?

Quote:
Do you think I would possibly be able to get a refund at all?

Sure. Just let sales know within 30days after purchase. Although I'd prefer to help you with IDE, not with refund Smile

Yeah I'd really like to get it working too. I'll try later and see if I can arrange it so that the libraries are within the web root and if that causes any issues with the framework.

Thanks again for your help. Nice to know I can get quality help when I need it Smile
ZF project setup?