NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Zend Framework

Hi,

Has anyone got a good solution using PhpEd and the Zend Framework?

I am able to get the debugger to work and step through the code, but it is a bit tricky.

Is someone willing to write a nice simple tutorial on how to do it? Is there some technique I am missing?

monk.e.boy

Could you give me a pointer how you did this ? - I get the dbg to run but just ignores breakpoints.

Thanks
John
Site Admin

Quote:
I get the dbg to run but just ignores breakpoints

It can not ignore the breakpoints. Either they are not set or set for different files or debugger is not started at all.
Please provide more details about your configuration and I'll try to help.

Ironically, we are in the middle of writing "How To..." for working with Zend Framework and I have to say that I found no problem working with ZF in PhpED, debugging included of course. Let me ask you these:
- are you using mod_rewrite and if yes, what are the flags in Rewrite rules?
- are Zend Framework files in the same project with the application or in different directory?
- could you be so kind to post the screenshot of the break points, which are ignored during the debug session?

It would be great to get to the bottom of this before we publish How To..
We actually made a couple of How to manuals for other php frameworks and got a very good response - see if they are helpful.
Veteran

Please look at Zend Framework tutorial here

jdoyle wrote:
Could you give me a pointer how you did this ? - I get the dbg to run but just ignores breakpoints.

Thanks
John

It will ignore breakpoints if the project the file exists in is not activated.
Site Admin

Quote:
It will ignore breakpoints if the project the file exists in is not activated.

People think that debugger sometimes ignore their breakpoints. Actually it can not ignore any breakpoints.
There are two common cases to check:
1) debugger is not started.
It's not sufficient to just install debugger in php.ini. You have to run debug session. There are two places where you can do this: IDE (see Run With Debugger button) and IE/FF toolbars.
2) mapping settings are not correct.
To have debugger set the breakpoint, it needs to know file name. If you set a breakpoint in a local file, debbuger will resolve filename for the remote server and will set the breakpoint there. Depending on the mapping settings, the resolved file name may be wrong and therefore debugger will not trigger in any lines. Make sure that Remote Root always correspond to the "same" directory as project Root directory. For example, if you have index.php in PROJECT ROOT\ directroy, exactly the same index.php should be in the REMOTE ROOT/
Same goes for any other files and directories in your project.

In case if you have a _different_ project active, all mapping settings used by the debugger are taken from that _different_ project and may not be valid (so effectively it's case #2)