NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Writing plugins for PHPEd

Well, if the big secret "how to write plugins for PHPEd" or the "Writing plugins for PHPeD tutorial" exists - I failed to find it.

I want to write a VSS plugin for PHPEd. Right now I'm using shell commands, which is crap.

Please? Pretty please?
Site Admin

it wouldn't be a big secret if you could find it Smile

Give us a hint !
Plugins

So is there a recommended format for writing plugins for PhpED? This would only increase the value of the product ten-fold. Not to mention that PhpED would benefit greatly by endorsing and/or approving select plugins. Companies of plugin supported products have longer lifespans and profit margin (i.e. Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Director, Blender, 3D Studio MAX, etc....)

Please let me know if there is a recommended format for building extensions to PhpED!!!
View user's profileFind all posts by SteveorevoSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Site Admin

If you have any interest in creating a plugin for PhpED, please send us your ideas via http://shop.nusphere.com/contact_us/

I'll be sure to do that. However, it would be nice if PhpED exposed its IDE interface as a series of objects to a script interpreter, say PHP or JavaScript. Dreamweaver, for instance, is nothing more then a webbrowser with core features exposed. The menu bars, pull down menus, everything is actually just an html file. I'm not saying that PhpED should take the same direction, but rather, exposing the IDE interface to write plugins that can easily attach to the menus, panels, etc. would be a step in the right direction. That is why there are over 1000's registered (and many many more, unregistered) plugins for Dreamweaver alone (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=productHome&exc=3&loc=en_us).

There has been alot of talk about supporting VSS, or what about something like just a native language spell checker? It would be as simple as exposing the document editor object and implementing actions or event hooks for developers to build upon. Now that would make a fine product with excellent value!
View user's profileFind all posts by SteveorevoSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Re: Plugins
Guru master

Steveorevo wrote:
Now that would make a fine product with excellent value!

It already is a very fine product with excellent value! Razz
But agreed, that functionality would make it even better. Even if it just were because I then would be able to write a CodeAnalyzer integration plugin.
One where you could actually double click the lines it outputs in the log to be taken to the source of the message.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

I would also agree with this. Allowing your users to extend and expand on your already great products could really do nothing but help the product and even might attract more business.

But I will stay the product alone is still a great product.
Re: Writing plugins for PHPEd

Post-O-Matic wrote:
Well, if the big secret "how to write plugins for PHPEd" or the "Writing plugins for PHPeD tutorial" exists - I failed to find it.

I want to write a VSS plugin for PHPEd. Right now I'm using shell commands, which is crap.

Please? Pretty please?

Any progress with this?

We're a 99.9% MS shop and this would be wonderful, as we have a couple developers using PHPEd.

I'm also very interested in writing plugins for PhpEd.
Is there any progress on this matter?

I have an idea for simple but quite useful plugin for PHPEd:

Highlight all occurrences of selected word.
This extends the editor to highlight all occurrences of a selected word and place a glyph on the left margin.

(I submitted it as feedback at http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/contactus.php)

did you receive any update regarding this subject ?

do you know how to "Highlight all occurrences of selected word" ?

Thanks,

mrz
Writing plugins for PHPEd