NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Wrap Search?

Hi,

I would like to see a Wrap Search checkbox in the search interface (Ctrl-F/R). What it does is start from cursor but at the end of the file, wraps around to the top. Eclipse has it done very well, for example.

Thanks.
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website

Bump - any thoughts on this? I really miss this feature.
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

I agree that search wrapping would be useful, but only when using the (origin) option "From cursor". When using "Entire scope" wrapping would be senseless and potentially confusing and annoying.

+1

+1 - Definitely miss this from Eclipse and Dreamweaver....

+1

I find it so important for workflow, and that feature might just persuade me to move over to NuSphere from Zend.

++
This is painful
What are you waiting for, NuSphere?

Non-wrapping searches have been a PAIN for a long time. Most editors, including the old-time ones like vi, have this feature.

How easy to make it a user-configurable option?

If I am searching for a word SOMEWHERE in the document I don't want to have to go to the top, click, and search. There are very few instances where I am only interested in a monodirectional search. Most editors will give a warning when the wrap occures (e.g. Dreamweaver, vi).

Let's get this done.

Jeff

I'd like to second jstander. I usally [CTRL]+[TAB] through files and then within a file, I'd like to search something. The current setup forces me to do [CTRL]+[HOME] first. I don't even always realize when the search return nothing, that PHPEd has not scanned the whole document.

Is this somethings that has been planned? It looks like a minor issue from the outside, but it would make a huge difference in ease of use to me.
Site Admin

I'm not sure why would you need Ctrl+Home at all. Just change scope to Entire Document and it will start from the beginning regardless of where cursor is.
Anyway, search-wrap comes with v7.