NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Workspaces

I am trying to get my head wrapped around your concept of workspaces and projects. I did some searches in the forums here and am unable to find a clear answer.

I manage many different php websites for different 'unrelated' clients. I want to set up a workspace for each client, which would then contain a list of projects (with each project being a set of php scripts that build up a website).

Now if I open up the workspace for CompanyA, i only want to see related projects, sftp/ssh connection accounts, etc. in the interface. Any references to other projects for other companies "workspaces" should be hidden. This way if I have the client sitting in my office while we review code together, he wont inadvertently see documents for another client.

Is this configuration achievable in phpED? I have workspaces setup for CompanyA and CompanyB, but it doesnt matter which workspace i have open, I can still see the documents/accounts for the other workspace.

Hope that makes sense.

Rob
Augh

Holy cow. WHat am i missing here with how this is suppose to work?

I have now configured a number of workspaces (1 for each of my clients), and it doesnt matter what workspace i open up, i can see every other SFTP connection to all the other sites i work in (belonging to other clients that have their own workspace) on the Explorer tab in the left column. Why is this?

Should I not be able to switch to a workspace and only see information pertaining to that workspace? Right now i see absolutely no benefit to workspaces as they appear to do nothing.

I sure hope someone can help here. I need to figure out this program quick, otherwise my boss will force me back to dreamweaver today.
Site Admin

Workspace window shows only files beloging to the projects in currently open workspace.
If you upload/download files from here, only accounts configured in the projects will be used.

As of the other accounts, yes you can see them because otherwise how would you configure the projects from scratches at all? If we hide them, no futher projects with new accounts would ever be created in the workspace. Furthermore, in this case we'd have to hide newly created accounts too because they are not belonging to open workspace, right? Hope it makes no sense to do that.