NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Windows display scale > 100%

I replaced my old laptop with a new one that comes with a 2560*1600 screen running win11. To be able to comfortable read things on screen the display scale is set to 150%. But at this scale all the icons in PHPED becomes giant as this screenshot: https : // imgur.com/a/TxBFl6j .

I tried set phped at DPI compatible mode, but all three modes Application/System/System(Enhanced) has the same giant icons, only difference made was if the text is blurry or not that blurry.

The old laptop is also running win11 but the screen is 3000x2000@200% scale, phped displays fine only texts are little small but icons are at normal size.

After reading the other post http://forum.nusphere.com/display-on-4k-resolution-is-either-blurry-or-very-small-t10484.html , I am wondering does phped can only be used at a scale by 100%/200%/300% increament?
Site Admin

Looks like you turned on Large Icons. You can uncheck this option --
* right click on the toolbar
* select Customize in the popup
* switch over to Options tab
* Large Icons checkbox is on this tab

Thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled the 20.0 and installed 19.1(which was on my old laptop) and 19.1 looks normal on the new laptop, then I uninstalled 19.1 and re-installed 20.0 want to make sure it is a version thing but after that 20.0 looks normal too.

I enabled the 'Large Icons' option it does looks what I had before. But this option should be off by default, I don't even know this option exists before saw your reply, that's weird...
Site Admin

it is off by default, of course