NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Why no root?
Guru master

Hey,

I have a dedicated webserver running apache. On the PC i'm developing on I mount (net use) the website root as W:\

I always edit via the LAN so that I only have to keep one copy of the files.
Why isn't it possible to use W:\ as the root for a project?

It's pretty annoying that this can't be done, since I want to keep each project with the corresponding website (so preferably IN the directory), and also keep my web-projects on the server instead of having to mirror them local.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

that's a limitation of phped 3.3. Will be fixed/improved in the next version.

Regarding local mirror, it's not necessary to have any mirrors if apache document root directory is available as shared disk. For example if Apache root is c:\project files\apache\htdocs you may want to share c:\project files\apache directory as disk W:\ and use W:\htdocs as the project root directory.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

Hey,

That's what I did up to now. The problem is now that I have some people working on a shared project here at my home in a subfolder of the htroot.

And i don't want them to be able to access my other PHP files, so they have a seperate share which is only for them.

That works perfectly, except for debugging of course (hence my question). Saving the project a level higher is not an option, since that would mean giving them access to my code.

Thanks for the response anyhow Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Why no root?