NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
why licensing?

I was reading trough the forum, and I just couldn't figure out why people rant so much about lack of licensing support in nu-coder.

Can somebody explain why is this so important functionality for encoder? I don't get it.

What's wrong with putting whatever checks you want in encoded files?

Thanks in advance
N.
View user's profileFind all posts by sevenSend private messageVisit poster's websiteICQ Number
Veteran

Easy.

If you have PHPExpress validate the license for you, you do not have to include license checks in every file you encode.
It is so much more preferable to have the server check the license for you.

IonCube has such a system, very effective, and easy to work with.

doesn't the overhead of license checks impacts the speed of execution?

do you really have to protect every single file?

thanks!
View user's profileFind all posts by sevenSend private messageVisit poster's websiteICQ Number
Veteran

That is exactly why it should be build in to Nucoder and handled by PHPExpress, instead of you creating the same checks over and over again in all your files. That would create an overhead.

But if PHPexpress could load a license file, once into memory, and check if that is valid for each encoded PHP file loaded into the cache, then the overhead would be minimum.

Remember it does not have to run through the entire encoded file and compare it with a hash value. It only has to compare a minimal part with the rules in the license key file.

Rules like Domain name etc. If you want to lock your script to a single site.
This will also be a great way of creating trial licenses for your scripts.

And no I only need the checks to be performed on encoded files.
In my projects not all files are encoded. Everything that has to do with displaying the output, is not encoded, so users can change the look and feel, but all the logic is encoded.

If you sell software, on the web, you would then need a license generator to generate the license files. Your customers could download your encoded software and you could deliver the key files in an email. A simple way of selling your work.

thanks hgr. licensing makes life easier. Smile
why licensing?