NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Which Nusphere product do I need?

First off; total noob, thank you... Cool

I have a site which was coded for me that uses Php/MySQL. The site contains registration/login forms, pay gateway, and upload forms which is used for images (the path to the images are stored in the db).

I always wanted to learn Php and I think I'll start now Very Happy

I want to use my site for learning, so which trial download would you recommend for me? (there are so many here!)
I am a Windows user and have not installed Php, MySQL, or phpMyAdmin (which I would like to use) on my PC yet.

Can I get some advice on what I need? And what to beware of would be very helpful too!

Thank you

Hmmm? actually there is only one trial download of a php ide. That would be phped. Really all the ide does is helps you be more productive and code better however it does probably very little to help you to learn programming. PHPEd would be a good place to start but you shouldnt bang your head to much trying to learn all the features of it. learn PHP first and then the IDE.

As far as how does nusphere compare to other IDEs, I give you my perspective. I have used every php ide available and the only one I find to be the easiest to use out of the box is PHPed. I believe that installing their tech platform in addition to PHPEd is the fastest and easiest to setup development and testing enviornment. There are many other ides but none are put together and as extensive as PHPed. It is really a good place to start as you can learn faster with it and continue to grow with it. I am willing to bet that any other editor you use will just leave you disappointed and looking for a better one in the near future. Most other ides look promising but they lack many project wide features and even some features don't work at all like you would expect. Nusphere PHPEd is a good investment.

Hmmm commission for me if I make this sale Razz teasing.

Jeff
Switched from Zend Studio to Nusphere PHPEd. But still using the awesome Dreamweaver MX.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response...
I was hoping using an IDE would be helpful in learning the language but I appreciate your suggestion to look elsewhere for a newcomer like me.

I guess what you're saying is that this program is overkill for debugging a 'hello world' script then huh?. Wink

Thanks again...

I apologize if I confused you. I didn't suggest you look eleswhere. I recommend that you use phped, however my suggestion was simply to tell you how to approach it. Since you are new to coding, I would recommend phped as it will help you greatly. But phped is not a wizard that teaches coding. It only aids in coding. Trust me, that aid is useful for learning.

I would say that phped is the best tool out of the box for you to learn php with. But if you want to make an informed descision as to which ide is the best then you will need to learn php first so you can know what you need. Or you can just take my word for it and see for yourself.

I don't know if the trial version will let you use the debugger but I would download it and give it a shot.

Jeff
Which Nusphere product do I need?