NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
which develop tool?

Phped!
I found it faster than zend,and others.
Which develop tool that develops it?
vc++ or delphi or ....

The VCL library from Delphi or C++ Builder and most likely the DevExpress 3rd party components. Very quality products that allow focusing on the core value.

Correction, not DevExpress but maybe Delphi IDE Theme Editor
Site Admin

No, we don't use C++builder. All crusial parts are written in C and assembler. Interface is indeed written in Delphi as well as many non-critical algorithms. The role of DevEx is tiny and we'd love to get rid of it completely.
BTW, I think it does not matter what development environment you use. All native high-languages like delphi or c/c++ are good enough, and you always have an opportunity to make your software fast enough. But if you don't make necessary efforts, nothing will help to maintain it fast in long term as it grows.

Quote:
BTW, I think it does not matter what development environment you use. All native high-languages like delphi or c/c++ are good enough.

I agree, but it seems products that get written in Delphi/C++/WinAPI are better. Perhaps it means the developer is more talented, passionate, or caring. One reason I'm going to buy PhpED over *storm is because of this. I hate installing the Java runtime.
Site Admin

Java has one very strong feature -- it is a cross-platform language. Unfortunately, it's not completely platform independent and its code (even jit-compiled) is not as fast as native code produced by platform-depended languages. Its GUI is nothing else but attempt to "fit all at once" -- which obviously possible (in some extents) but may not look and work in a way like native applications do under corresponding platforms.