NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Which dbg module

My PC (client) is Windows XP, and remote server is Linux, web server Apache with PHP 4.3.6

In my phped v 3.3, the configur setup instructions reads:

(talking about the php.ini file on the server)

" Make sure that the debugger extension is listed:

Windows: extension=php_dbg.dll

Linux: extension=dbg.so

Originally, PhpED comes with a set of php_dbg.dll-x.x.x or dbg.so-x.x.x files where -x.x.x is the version of PHP Engine installed, for example -4.1.2. You need to select proper file according to php version installed and strip off the version suffix. "

On my client installation I only find the various php_dbg.dll-x.x.x's files, but not the dbg.so-x.x.x files.

Question 1. Which version of files do I need to install on my apache/php 3.3.6 server?
Question 2. If the answer to 1 is dbg.so-x.x.x files as I expect, where do I get copies?

Thanks

Ok..duh on me.
I found the tar.qz file I hoped woud have the needed dbg.so file I needed at C:\Program Files\NuSphere\phped\debugger\server\Linux\ which a PC file search won't find. Ok...however,

I'm setting up a new server, and it has PHP v 4.3.6 installed, but the tar'd files I need only go up to dbg.so-4.3.4 or 5.0.0b3.

Where do I get a 4.3.6 version of dbg?

And as long as I'm hanging it all out (I'll be 60 tomorrow, 30 years programming and not smart enough to know when to quit)....

Would it be a hugh mistake to reinstall php v 4.3.4 just for the sake of a external debugger?

Waiting with baited breath,
Richard
Site Admin

Quote:
Where do I get a 4.3.6 version of dbg?

dbg.so-4.3.6 is available with phped 3.3 update #1 (v. 3.3.1)

Quote:
Would it be a hugh mistake to reinstall php v 4.3.4 just for the sake of a external debugger?

dbg.so-4.3.4 should work with php-4.3.6, at least you'd try it first.

kind regards,
Dmitri.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm getting closer. One question. I'm presently using a dial up, and don't have a static IP address for the php.ini file. Is there a wild card I can use on the ip Address?

I'm working on an clean server, getting it set up for use. As a to the IP address, workaround, I connect with the dial up, get my ip address, put it in the php.ini file, restart Apache. Then I get the timeout.

When I tried using the suggested troubleshooting method of connecting with telnet using "telnet myIP 7869...it tries to connect, the icon on the listener then give an error message , connected, wrong client. Any suggestions?
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm presently using a dial up, and don't have a static IP address for the php.ini file. Is there a wild card I can use on the ip Address?

What setting in php.ini which whould have IP address do you mean ?

Quote:
When I tried using the suggested troubleshooting method of connecting with telnet using "telnet myIP 7869...it tries to connect, the icon on the listener then give an error message , connected, wrong client.

This message signs that everything is okay. Telnet should be recognized as a wrong client. The target of the test is to make sure that connection can be really established. If there was a problem, you wouldn't see anything in DbgListner.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Which dbg module