NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Where do I get php_dbg.dll-5.3 for client IDE version 5.2

Hi,
I have a old version of nushpere phped.. 5.2
My php version is 5.3.5
Under C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\debugger\server\Windows\x86, I do not see php_dbg.dll-5.3
The latest, I see is 5.2.

So, I tried copying the 5.3 version of dbg dll from a trail version of the latest nusphere phped. And I'm getting the following error when debugging is invoked:

=====
Failed to start DBG session

Reason: debugger module version mismatch; version of the debugger module installed on the server is 3.9, please install debugger module version 3.2 that is compatible with your client IDE
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

======
Where do I get debugger module version 3.2 that's compatible with my client IDE

Thanks!
Guru master

I've found the debugger module and PhpED to be somewhat dependant on versions. Many times I've failed to update the debugger when I've updated PhpED and whilst I don't get errors, sometimes debugging stops working correctly such as hanging the Apache process. If I update the debugger module, it works again.

The reason I mention that is because there is a good possibility that the newer debugger modules are incompatible with your old version of PhpED. The error message you are getting appears to confirm that.

I started using PhpED at version 5.6 and the current version 5.9 has significantly improved since then. If you are on 5.2 then I would recommend upgrading. Irrelevant of the debugger module, you probably need a newer version of PhpED anyway to support parsing of PHP 5.3 projects.
Where do I get php_dbg.dll-5.3 for client IDE version 5.2