NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
When can i expect SFTP?

I need a SFTP-Connection, because i can't use FTP. With FTP are Owner/Group-Rights wrong - i must also use the Webserver for upload/modify/download.

When can i expect SFTP in PHPEd?
SFTP Integration
jpaulson

I would like to second this request.

Using FTP over untrusted networks is a big security no-no in today's environment. An integrated SFTP file browser would be extremely useful to many people developing at the corporate level, and for developers who are connecting to colocated boxes.
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I would also really be happy if you guys added SecureFTP support for PHPed. I even wrote about this on my blog a week or so ago and I am forced (not really, but for productivity reasons), to use the Zend IDE. I really do like everything else about PHPed, and it is my favorite editor of all time, it just needs sftp support! Smile
Site Admin

soon Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

Hey guys,

If you are using windows and you want SFTP support etc, may I advice you to take a look at WebDrive? Until native SFTP support is added this will help you just as well I presume. It allows you to map an (S)FTP/FrontPage/WebDav site to a driveletter and it works transparently for entire windows, so all the other programs see is a drive and files. I've been using it for quite a while to edit files directly online.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
When can i expect SFTP?