NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Watch debug window shows variable value before created
Veteran

I just changed my setup to PHP7.1.13 Win32-VC14-x64 and loaded the dbg-php-7.1.dll v8.2.12.16476 x86_64_VC14 from PhpED build 18044.

Everything works ok, except that the watch window show all variables in a script no matter if they are created or not at the current breakpoint.

This is anoying when debugging a script with many variables. It is much better when the recent create variable is shown on the top line of the window.

I didn't find any settings to fix this.

Any suggestion?

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/j3znov
Veteran

Answer from NuSphere Support <support@nusphere.com>

I'm sorry, that's the way PHP works now. It pre-populates array of variables at compile time instead of populating them in hash table as they are getting assigned -- as it worked before. It is done this way for performance reasons and we can't change that.
Debugger is just a mirror -- it reflects what's going on inside PHP.
Site Admin

Quote:
if they are created or not

these days all the local variable are created when the function or method they belong to is executed. Does not matter you initialize them or not. They are created all at once. Php core reference to this technology as "compiled variables" and corresponding constants in source code have CV prefix (or suffix).
Debugger can't distinguish if variable was initialized with NULL or not initialized at all.