NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
want to encode entire project with multiple directories

I want to encode an entire project, one that includes many layers of subdirectores. I setup the workspace and project and set it to put the encoded files in another directories tree locally. However, when I run the encoder on the project, it only encodes the top directory's files and does not traverse the subdirectores. How do I overcome this? Although it's probably simple, the UI doesn't seem to indicate how. Each time I run it, it successfully encodes all 16 PHP files in the top directory and nothing under it, and no error messages.

Encoder 16 files encoded, 0 files copied, 0 errors, 0:01 elapsed 2:51:19 PM

Any suggestions?

-Jim

Hi,

some of the Nu-Coder features were added after the release of phpED 5.2, so not all options are available in this version.
The new phpED 5.5 reflects these changes with a very nice interface, so you will be able to get the job done very easily.

If you do not use the latest phpED 5.5 you will be able to get your job done via Command-line.
Try "nu-coder --help" and take a look at the first example, additionally you will find all relevant information in the manual.

f.ex:

nu-coder -r -n --copyall -c 4.3 c:\myproj\source c:\myproj\encoded

The switch you are searching for is the "-r" which stands for "recursive" and will handle all directories recursively.

Hope that helps a bit.
Sares

Thanks for the command-line syntax help. However, although I am using PHPEdit v. 5.5 (5518) and Nu-Coder 2.0, I do not see any corresponding UI settings to allow a recursive encoding of my project files. Can you elaborate?
-Jim
want to encode entire project with multiple directories