NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Copy object type from Watch/Local - an improvement

When in debugging, right-clicking object types in Locals or Watch windows copies extra information.

For example:
Code:

Name   | Value | Type
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
$this  |       | object(PHPUnit_Framework_Constraint_IsTrue) (1 elements)

Right-click -> Copy... on Type places "object(PHPUnit_Framework_Constraint_IsTrue) (1 elements)" into clipboard.

It would be extremely convenient if only "PHPUnit_Framework_Constraint_IsTrue" was copied.

Thank you!
Site Admin

If you need only part of the info, you better use Immediate window where all the same texts are shown in the editor. You can select any part of it and Copy.

I know about Immediate window. But just compare number of clicks and typing involved. You cannot persist a variable in Immediate window. You have to type/paste it each time.

Why can't you just change Copy from Local, the way I am suggesting? That would be huge.

Thanks.
Site Admin

I don't like such extra functionality that is not so obvious and intuitive. With your example somebody else might ask for Copy the number of properties too.
If you like Watches, you can add an entry get_class($myvar) and copy from the returned value. It will contain only class name.