NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Syntax coloring

I have recently purchased PHPEd and I must say, it's a great tool. The first time I've used debugger and it worked hassle-free! I have not worked that much with it until now, so I have a lot to detect and to learn, but the first impression is really good.

But there is one thing, that is annoying me. Although it doesn't seem to be a big thing, I don't like it the way it is (mainly because I'm used to it differently by my previous Editors, like TSW Webcoder or PSPad):

I like to work with different background colors for php, css, javascript and html. But this looks very ugly and distracting in PHPEd (not really useable). My defined background color ends with the code and behind this everything has the default background color. Also empty lines have the default color, not my language depended background color. The option "Whitespace" colors everything from the beginning of the line and blanks inside a line, but not the rest of the line. Can you change this? Or do I miss something?

In my opinion the option "Whitespace" should color everything inside a line and should not stop where the code stops. A javascript section e.g. should have one background color everywhere from <script ...> to </sript> and should not be lightgray where the code is and light yellow where no code is (as an example).

Look here:

Can I achieve this with the PHPEd Editor or not?

Best regards
Martin

P.S. I hope you've got it, English is not my native language. BTW, a German version would be nice, but it's no must.
Site Admin

Good news is that what you asked about is already in our plans. We'll implement this improvement in the next version and if you purchased PRO or Advantage version, you'll get it for free.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't purchase the PRO, because Web-Design is only a hobby. So don't make the upgrade too expensive Smile.

Please make this form of syntax coloring with backgrounds optional. I do not like this type of syntax coloring at all.
Site Admin

Starting with 4616, it is possible to set up syntax-coloring like below:
(sure, it's not by-default, the default remains the same)
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

can you tell if i can hope for similar highlighting to be implemented for classes one day? Smile

i wish i could see different backgrounds for private, protected and public functions eg. private function has grey background, protected - yellow, public - green.
it will make browsing classes much easier.
Veteran

I'd really like the ability to set up multiple sets of colors and switch between them by simply making a menu selection in the options dialog. Related, but not necessarily dependent upon, I'd like to see the IDE come with a couple of predefined color sets, perhaps Light (what it comes with now) and Dark (a black background with other colors adjust appropriately).

And of course, the already requested ability to copy color sets, to make it easy, for instance to match PHP 4 with PHP 5.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

It's good idea.
Please submit your color settings (hl.cfg) and we'll select the best ones for including into the next version Smile

which idea is good? re class highlighting of dynamic highlighting switching? Smile
Site Admin

I meant the idea of creating repository of color settings and ability to change scheme quickly