NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Loss of yellow highlight on variables
Veteran

OK, as the title states, i'm having issues when i switch to a different (open) file, the yellow highlight on the variables when the cursor is on the variable is stopping. E.g. it no longer works in the IDE for all files.

I cant reproduce this, and nor can the developers at NuSphere, but it happens to me several times a day, and the only way to get it to work again is to restart the application, and even then i need to do this twice before the yellow variable highlight starts working again.

So, has anyone else had this issue? Are you able to reproduce it 100% so NuSphere can fix it?

I'm using V8106pro at the moment, and im downloading V8111 to see if its fixed.
Guru master

I haven't seen that problem in v8 but I have seen it in older versions. It seemed to be caused by one of the PhpED threads terminating and I think it was the thread that handled code completion.

At the time I was assisting Dmitri with finding a bug in v7 where every so often an error popped up with code completion. After that error both the code completion and the variable highlighting stopped working.

So you might be experiencing a side effect of another issue.
Veteran

Its driving me nuts. I'm seeing it so often I just cant understand how I can be the only one with the issue. I've installed 8111 and its still there, im downloading 8112 as we speak.
Guru master

When I was having the v7 issue it was happening all the time for me on large Magento projects, but not on smaller projects. I think some projects just bring out specific issues, which is also another reason to wonder if code completion could be something to do with it.
Veteran

I have seen this happen when i first open the program (and all the open files load), as well as when just switching between files. I created a simple 2 file project with just a handful of variables inside, no classes, no functions, and it still occurred both when switching between files, and again when i reopen the app to try to get highlight back.
It seems to be getting worse as time goes by. If i'm the only person with this fault, i guess it will never get fixed. Boo.
Guru master

See if NuSphere will send you a debug version. That might allow them to investigate even unusual issues that only affect a few people. I found the debug versions do more checking so produce more dialog messages and don't cope so well with larger projects (due to more resources being used) but they certainly seem to help with tracking problems.
Loss of yellow highlight on variables