NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
New Methods not showing

Hi Guys,

When I add a method to a PHP class the new method doesn't show in the type ahead list. It seems only the methods that were there when I first edited the class are there.

How can I ensure my method list is always up to date please?

Many thanks,

S
Guru master

What version of PhpED?

If you close the workspace and create a new PHP file with something like this, do you get code completion when you get to the $this-> ?

Code:
<?php
  class test {
     function test2() {
      }
      function test3() {
         $this->
      }
   }

In Settings > Code Insight > Code Completion are the relevant options enabled for PHP and with a short Delay? If you don't get automatic code completion, does pressing ctrl+space cause any suggestions to be displayed?

Does this problem happen on all projects? If it is just specific project(s) then try doing a right-click in the Code Explorer and a Refresh.

plugnplay wrote:
What version of PhpED?

If you close the workspace and create a new PHP file with something like this, do you get code completion when you get to the $this-> ?

Code:
<?php
  class test {
     function test2() {
      }
      function test3() {
         $this->
      }
   }

In Settings > Code Insight > Code Completion are the relevant options enabled for PHP and with a short Delay? If you don't get automatic code completion, does pressing ctrl+space cause any suggestions to be displayed?

Does this problem happen on all projects? If it is just specific project(s) then try doing a right-click in the Code Explorer and a Refresh.

The refresh on the code explorer worked - thanks very much for the tip.

But do you know a way that this happens automatically?

S
Guru master

Normally it does happen automatically. There were one or two earlier v8 versions that had issues with code completion, which is why I asked which version you were using. I guess it is also possible that PhpED might sometimes have an issue with its meta data, so a refresh just rebuilds everything.
New Methods not showing