NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Appearance highlight
Veteran

In Settings->Editor->Appearance, is there a way to turn off highlight ?

On lines with breakpoints, i want the text to be whatever it would be normally (e.g. reserved words are blue, strings are red etc.) and no highlighting.

The only indication i want to see is a red dot to the left of the line.
Guru master

I know what you mean. I find it a pain not being able to see the syntax highlighting on breakpoints and the same goes for the blue current statements during debugging. I'd be happier with a background colour of my choice (light red/blue, or white for those who don't want highlighting) and leave the syntax colours as they are. With the current version I couldn't make that happen.

Last edited by plugnplay on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Veteran

I absolutely hate the whole line highlighting. It makes it hard to debug when you cant see the syntax highlighting. A mayor flaw IMHO.

I've not seen it done in any other the other editors i use for software development.

I just found this thread linked from another thread.
Apart from debugging, another major flaw is the lack of an option to turn syntax highlighting on for selected texts. It connects to this thread adequately.
If you select a text block, it loses any syntax highlighting, and inverts with a blue(background)/white(foreground) plain colors. It is a pain to read code that has been selected. It's as if I read in Notepad!
There should be a way to keep the syntax highlighted when selecting, and only a background to be applied to the selections. I've seen this in other IDEs, and it is quite a big advantage (among many others).
Appearance highlight