NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Some ideas I've had after working with PhpED7

Hi All,

I've been working with PhpED for a few years now and I am quite happy about the new changes in PhpED 7.0 I've been using it for several days now and found it even better to work with than version 6.

However, there is a few things that I thought could be added/improved which I feel are quite important well at least to me anyway as I use PhpED pretty much everyday due to my job position.

Please see list below for my ideas/feature requests.

#=========================
# PhpED 7+ Feature Requests
#=========================

#1 Code re-indent should show a comparison of before the indentation and after with a confirm dialog to complete the action.
- This would be nice to see as one of my developers code was broke after he ran the re-indent util this later turned out to be a coding error on his part, but I still thought this would be a nice improvement to the current way it works.

#2 Ability to Uncompress/Compress/Format css files (i.e. compress a 5 line css style into a single line).
#3 Ability to Uncompress/Compress/Format highlighted css code.
#4 Ability to Uncompress/Compress/Format javascript files
#5 Ability to Uncompress/Compress/Format highlighted javascript code.
- The above would be very handy features as I recently took on a new client who already had a previous website that was developed by another company with horrible compression and formatting on there css and javascript files.

#6 Ability to disable/enable url path on tabs.
- This would be useful for when you have two of the same files from two different locations open, as this can sometimes take up most of the screen especially when you have a lot of duplicate named files open from different locations.

#7 Colour coded tabs depending on assigned group colour.
- This would be a great alternative to having the full file path in each tab for when you have duplicate named files open from separate locations.
So for example say I have server1 that has the colour green assigned to it and I have filename.php open from that server, then I also have server2 with orange assigned as the group colour from which I also have a file called filename.php open.
This would mean that the workspace would be displaying two tabs of the same name, now normally the file path would be appended to the tab (see #6) but with them being colour coded I can easily tell which file is from which site.
Also it would be nice if this also made the background of the file structure in the explorer the same colour as each site has been assigned.

#=========================#

So yeah above are some things I think would be great to see in the next/future version/s of PhpED, other than that PhpED really makes my life and my developers lives a lot easier.

Thanks for a great product.

- Chris Walsh
Some ideas I've had after working with PhpED7