NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Running debugger on hosted site

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to run the debugger on a hosted site. My hosted site allows me to set php.ini settings via the .htaccess file and I can seem to figure out how to set up the debugger. I do not have access to the php.ini file so I have to use the .htaccess file. I am not even sure if this is possible but if any one has any ideas how to do this I would appreciate some help.

David

Site Admin

php.ini and .htaccess are very different things. You can't load any php extensions using .htaccess. So effectively your hosting company does not allow you to add php modules. As a result you can: a) think about different hosting plan which would allow to change php.ini and/or provide other ways to add php modules b) think about different hosting company. In most cases appropriate hosting plan is called "virtual server" or something like this. Under virtual they mean - while it's still shared hosting (and there are many servers running on the same hardware), you're properly _isolated_, so it's virtually dedicated server. Finally there is also option c) - think about true dedicated server, or d) debug at home/office.